Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to Reality

There is just something about the new year that puts me back in perspective on what I'm supposed to be doing and brings me back to reality.  I have really slacked off these last few months.  I've hardly exercised, I've hardly kept to my meal plans or cared about what kinds of food I was eating...and 15 pounds gained is what I have to show for it.  Which means I've got a total of 30 pounds I now have to lose again.  For me that means I've got to get back to basics and will be counting calories and getting back to the gym during my lunch hours.  I have only four goals for 2012 and they are all easily attainable. 
(1) Run four half marathons which are the following:
Prevention half marathon series - San Diego
Rock n Roll - Seattle Half
Disneyland Tinkerbell Half
Fourth run still to be determined

(2) I am going to learn how to crochet this year.  I know it sounds silly but it's something I've wanted to do for quite some time now

(3) We are going to buy a house this year.  Our lease is up in August and there is no way I'm going to renew and live in an apartment another year.  My kids deserve to have a backyard and to grow up in a neighborhood

(4) There always popular lose weight resolution.  I lost over 20 pounds last year but gained 15 of it back so now I need to get rid of 30 extra pounds to feel happy with my body

I'm also going to take more pictures for this little blog of mine.  It will help me see the results of weight loss as I go along as well as it will keep me out of jeans and t shirts all the time.  Here is what I wore to work on New Year's day...since it was Sunday and a holiday I went a little more casual than what is normally allowed.

My Inspiration via Pinterest

Sweater - NY and Company (At least 5 yrs old)
Dress, tights and boots - Target
Necklace - Nordstrom (similar)

Cute little necklace up close

No comments:

Post a Comment