Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tasty Thursday

I just have to share with you a recipe I made this week for dinner.  I made a Crock Pot Kalua Pork on Tuesday and it was amazing.  The kids & hubby just devoured it.  Pinterest is really making my meal planning life easy and tasty.  I took it from skinnytaste.com and did not adapt it at all.  It is a recipe with only three ingredients but it does need to cook in the Crock Pot for 16 hours so I was up at 2:30am to get it started.  It was so worth it.  I served it with steamed white rice and steamed broccoli.  No complaints were heard from the dinner table.



Crock Pot Kalua Pig


Adapted from SkinnyTaste


Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: about 8 • Serving Size: 4 oz • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts

Calories: 160 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24 g • Carb: 0 g • Fiber: 0 g • Sugar: 0 g



Ingredients:



3 lb pork shoulder blade roast, lean, all fat removed

1 tbsp liquid mesquite smoke

1 tbsp coarse sea salt

Directions:



Place pork in the crock pot and stab it all over with the tip of a knife. Rub sea salt all over pork. Drizzle the liquid smoke all over and set crock pot to low; cook about 16 hours.
 
Remove from crock pot and place on a large platter. Remove any fat you may have missed and shred pork with two forks. Discard liquid reserving a little as needed to keep pork moist.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! I don't know if I could make myself get up at 2:30 though. lol

    ReplyDelete